(30 second read about what makes for the best sleep)
As a little kid, I grew up in an incredible house with every amenity in the world available to me, but for some reason, I never slept well. Then I joined the Army and I can honestly say that the nights that I slept under crappy military conditions was some of the best sleep of my entire life. How could that be? Somehow, the nights I slept in a sleeping bag, on a rock-hard cot or in the back of a helicopter in the freezing mountains of Eastern Europe, had me sleeping like a baby.
It didn’t make sense to me for the longest time but then it hit me. To start, the United States Army did it right with their sleeping bag contractors, so that helped. But more importantly, I have come to learn that the best nights sleep comes with peace of mind and a full heart. I firmly believe that the reason I slept so well under crappy conditions during my time in the Army was because I fell asleep knowing I was a United States soldier and living my childhood dream.
Falling asleep knowing that you will wake up the next day living the life you want to live is the ultimate sleep aid. Knowing that you will be surrounded with people who make you smile, doing what you love, makes sleeping peacefully so much easier. It may sound cliche, and it may seem more complicated than that, and I’m sure it is, but the reality is, the more at peace you are with who you are how how you live, the easier restful sleep becomes.
Now living in chronic pain, sleeping can be tough for me but I find peace and restfulness in knowing that I lived the life I wanted to live today and God-willing, I will wake up tomorrow and do it all over again.
By: Timothy A. Natale
If you enjoyed this post, please don’t forget to like and share it to help me reach more people and to let me know your thoughts below!
Looking for even more inspiration?
For a limited time only, enter coupon code: free during checkout after clicking the link below, to get signed copies of my books for FREE (just cover shipping – $4.99)! Don’t wait! This promotion will end soon
Pickup your copies of both of my life-changing books, Reflections from the Man in the Mirror and Secrets from Strangers, on Amazon Prime by clicking the links below!!
Here’s what these books will share with you:
- Life-changing lessons about how to face adversity and overcome the obstacles you’re faced with in life.
- Proven strategies for adding happiness and positivity to your life in a world surrounded by negativity.
- The inspirational journey that led me from a spoiled life of squandered opportunities to enlisting in the United Stated Army and the crippling injury that brought me back home.
- Principles for building a meaningful life full of passion, purpose and personal pride in the way you live!
- The valuable perspective that helped me turn my disability into a way to find more happiness and peace in the way I live.
- This book will challenge you to reconsider the way you view the world around you and your openness to new experiences.
“Recommended (insisted) by a friend.”
5/5 stars – Amazon customer
“Excellent. Touching. Heart-warming. Real.”
5/5 stars – Amazon customer