(Two minute read about the hazards of multitasking!)
People laugh at me because I can’t walk and text. No matter how hard I try, I can’t. It’s like my brain stops working and I think it’s hilarious. I either fall flat on my face or end up dropping my phone. It can be embarrassing when I stop walking in the middle of a busy sidewalk (or hallway at work) to answer a text because people look at me like I’m insane but I actually see it as a blessing and here’s why….
It forces me to focus on one thing at a time and that’s valuable. In a world where 5,000 things are happening at any given time, my inability to walk and texts forces me to stop trying to multitask.
As appealing as multitasking is, I would argue that the ability to focus on one specific task at a time is even more valuable.
I am good at multitasking but it can be exhausting. When I started focusing on just one thing at a time the results were crazy! I put my phone down when I watch TV and I feel more rested and relaxed. I turn the TV off when I am doing homework and my productivity skyrocketed. I focus on the conversations I have with people without scrolling through Facebook at the same time and my relationships have only grown stronger.
How about you? Are you reading this post while walking or doing something else? Are you able to watch TV without having your laptop open or your phone in your hand? Can you have a conversation without scrolling through emails or looking at your phone?
In today’s world where everything seems to be moving at 1000 MPH, the ability to focus on a single task at a time not only helps prevent you from becoming overwhelmed but it will help you find more happiness in the way you live.
But don’t take my word for it. Try it for a week and see what happens. My bet is that you will never turn back….
By: Timothy A. Natale
If you enjoyed this post, please don’t forget to like and share it to help me reach more people and to let me know your thoughts below!
Looking for even more inspiration?
For a limited time only, enter coupon code: free during checkout after clicking the link below, to get signed copies of my books for FREE (just cover shipping – $4.99)! Don’t wait! This promotion will end soon
Pickup your copies of both of my life-changing books, Reflections from the Man in the Mirror and Secrets from Strangers, on Amazon Prime by clicking the links below!!
Here’s what these books will share with you:
- Life-changing lessons about how to face adversity and overcome the obstacles you’re faced with in life.
- Proven strategies for adding happiness and positivity to your life in a world surrounded by negativity.
- The inspirational journey that led me from a spoiled life of squandered opportunities to enlisting in the United Stated Army and the crippling injury that brought me back home.
- Principles for building a meaningful life full of passion, purpose and personal pride in the way you live!
- The valuable perspective that helped me turn my disability into a way to find more happiness and peace in the way I live.
- This book will challenge you to reconsider the way you view the world around you and your openness to new experiences.
“Recommended (insisted) by a friend.”
5/5 stars – Amazon customer
“Excellent. Touching. Heart-warming. Real.”
5/5 stars – Amazon customer