(One minute read about the power of self-accountability!)
What makes being wrong so difficult but being right so satisfying? Why is it that we love knowing we won an argument but hate admitting when we lost? Maybe this doesn’t apply to everyone but only the truly self-aware will admit if it does. What about you? Does this sound familiar? If so, keep reading…
Would you believe me if I told you that the moment I started admitting when I was wrong changed my life forever? What about if I told you it made me a better leader, teammate, husband, and friend? What if I told you that admitting when I screwed up made my life happier and helped me eliminate unnecessary stress and frustration? Would you believe me? Well, believe it or not, it’s true…
Despite the difficulty associated with admitting being wrong, I found it to also be extremely freeing because it relives the pressure to be perfect. Once I stopped viewing the mistakes I made as a sign of weakness I started seeing them as opportunities to learn and stay humble. Admitting fallibility is what allows us to move past the mistakes we make and grow from them. Especially in an argument, admitting that you were wrong or made mistakes helps to resolve the conflict before it gets out of control. It helps you pick and choose your battles and it gives you better control over the frustration that comes with stubbornness.
Contrary to popular belief, making mistakes isn’t a sign of weakness at all unless we elect not to acknowledge them. I’ll be the first to admit that I can be as stubborn as they come and I’ve let my pride impact my ability to admit my faults in the past but not anymore. Because the one thing that I hate more than being wrong is being wrong more than once about the same thing…And the only way to prevent that from happening is to admit you f*&ked up, acknowledge the mistakes you’ve made, embrace the opportunity to make changes and learn from it.
By: Timothy A. Natale
If you enjoyed this post, please don’t forget to like and share it to help me reach more people and to let me know your thoughts below!
Looking for even more inspiration?
For a limited time only, enter coupon code: free during checkout after clicking the link below, to get signed copies of my books for FREE (just cover shipping – $4.99)! Don’t wait! This promotion will end soon
Pickup your copies of both of my life-changing books, Reflections from the Man in the Mirror and Secrets from Strangers, on Amazon Prime by clicking the links below!!
Here’s what these books will share with you:
- Life-changing lessons about how to face adversity and overcome the obstacles you’re faced with in life.
- Proven strategies for adding happiness and positivity to your life in a world surrounded by negativity.
- The inspirational journey that led me from a spoiled life of squandered opportunities to enlisting in the United Stated Army and the crippling injury that brought me back home.
- Principles for building a meaningful life full of passion, purpose and personal pride in the way you live!
- The valuable perspective that helped me turn my disability into a way to find more happiness and peace in the way I live.
- This book will challenge you to reconsider the way you view the world around you and your openness to new experiences.
“Recommended (insisted) by a friend.”
5/5 stars – Amazon customer
“Excellent. Touching. Heart-warming. Real.”
5/5 stars – Amazon customer